I started making the chimney demolition scene for the blur challenge, and I developed a creeping cracks effect, which I’ve wanted to do for some time. I used Rayfire and Thinking particles, which gave me the possibility to make it quite flexible. I paint the main crack with Rayfire’s draw fragment, then create a spline over it, and drive particles along it. I create the secondary fractures with Rayfire too, then use TP’s object as particles to make the closest ones to the central crack recess most, and the farthest to recess least. I create the crumbling pieces with size based on distance to the central crack too, which is cool 🙂 Enjoy!